Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Portrait exchange

I keep forgetting to post this portrait I did of Nadine. I'm not very good at drawing people by hand -- the proportions are always a little off, the likeless not quite right, the drawing a little too stiff and labored-over, so I decided to do this one digitally. It's done in Photoshop CS3 and is unlike anything I've ever done before... not my usual style, but a fun experiment nevertheless.


And here's one I did several years ago in the traditional manner (pencil on paper). I think it's the most recent portrait I've done, so that shows you how often I draw people! It's not quite right, it looks a little awkward and messy to me.

2 comments:

nadine said...

This doesn't look awkward to me. It looks like an antique photograph. I think it is mysterious looking and great.

andrea joseph's sketchblog said...

great drawings on your blog. I like your style a lot.