Friday, August 8, 2008

August 8 - into the woods


We went to the nature center near us and I found this great little ravine in the woods with trees growing up the sides. Lots of tangled exposed roots and bright yellow-rust colored soil. Plus a nice boardwalk with a railing on which to set my supplies and sketchbook.

I had my 18 month old with me again, and so I had to draw reeeeeally fast, because the lunch I packed for her was quickly disappearing. When the food's gone, we have to move, or else somebody gets very upset!

I think drawing quickly is a good thing for me. What do you think?

10 comments:

Donna Mulholland said...

Yup. You draw quick really well!

Ann said...

It's wonderful! I like the energy of your pen lines.

Anita Davies said...

I think you're right, this is a wonderful sketch!

Deb said...

You did this great sketch with an 18 month old! Awesome!!!

June said...

This is really very subtle and beautiful. Can't imagine you doing it while the baby was awake!

Linda T said...

Wow, and you did this with an 18mo old!! This is lovely.

bettyfromtexas said...

This is really a terrific sketch!!

Kathleen said...

nice job on a difficult subject and I can't imagine doing it with an 18 month old in tow -

PNH said...

What a great sketch, doesn't look like fast work at all.

Timaree said...

Yes, I'd say drawing quickly is really good for you. It made a great sketch.