Friday, May 8, 2009

May 7

I needed a break from green, so I went through my box of old photos from western NY. This is from a walk I took with my dad.

Before the kids, I used to travel back to NY a couple times a year. Not so much now; now we go just for important surprise parties, weddings and funerals. It's surprisingly difficult traveling with two little ones and all their gear -- I had no idea they needed so much stuff!

Anyway there are old, abandoned but still intact train tracks like this one all over town. My dad and the dog often walk along this track in particular: it takes you from the center of town out west of the village through some fields. Very pretty scenery.

2 comments:

seesue said...

I love your sketching style!

Alissa said...

Nice work - I love the colour of the grass at the side of the track. It highlights the dryness of the rest of the area .