Saturday, December 13, 2008

New project!



The Art House is having another show that I'm going to participate in. This one is called The Sketchbook Project, where they send artists a Moleskine Cahier journal which artists can then fill however they like, as long as it has something to do with the theme "everyone we know", and the size of the sketchbook, when closed, stays the same.

I'm interpreting the theme to mean everyone and every living thing important to me: my family, friends, pets, plants, etc.

So I started mine last night -- here are the first two sketches. They're not too awful bad, especially considering that drawing people is definitely NOT my strong point. I think I'm going to really enjoy filling up the book.

Oh yeah, and even more important than the sketchbook show... we had a new baby on November 5th! Her name is Lauren and she is the quietest, calmest baby ever... we are so lucky!

2 comments:

Anita Davies said...

I think they are wonderful!
How big is the moleskine...how many pages do you have to fill by February?

The Victorious place said...

How beautiful.