Monday, June 9, 2008

Some old stuff

I am going to try out this art blogging stuff and see how it goes. Intentions are to post new stuff frequently... but I am ashamed to say all my sketchbooks have gone untouched since mid-April. My 17 month old daughter, a diabetic cat, occasional freelance graphic design work, house stuff, and my husband really do provide excellent opportunities for procrastination... sigh... but here goes nothin'!

A bit about me: I'm a lapsed artist (BFA painting & drawing 1995, certificate in botanical illustration 2007), self employed graphic designer and, more rarely, an illustrator, living in the western Chicago suburbs. I grew up in western New York State and love nature. My favorite subjects are landscapes, plants, and animals. Favorite mediums are oil pastels, graphite, colored pencil, watercolor, and quick little drawings in my sketchbook (usually Micron Pigma pen and watercolor).

Here are some sketches from about 1996 to this past winter, in no particular order.







No comments: