Monday, June 9, 2008

More old stuff

All this old stuff is motivation to get away from the computer and make some new stuff to post. I tried a little sketch the other day of a tree, and wow am I rusty.

Drawing is a little like riding a bike or swimming. If you don't do it regularly, it's not that you ever really forget how, but it takes time to get back to the level you were at before you gave it up for other, more pressing concerns (in my case, instead of art I've been busy mostly chasing my daughter around and making her get down off the tables and since she's learned to climb.)

In fall 2003 I started on a program to earn a certificate in botanical art, and finally completed it in November 2007. It was even more fun than art school in the early 90s. Now I'm wondering, what next?








No comments: